French country in the heart of Charlotte.

I was so happy to read about my Aunt and Uncle's Charlotte home in the latest issue of Country French.  This is not the first time it's been published, but the most recent.  My aunt worked closely with interior designer Suzanne Hughes to make her dream home a reality.  

An avid traveler and lover of all things French, my Auntie Lynette used this as inspiration for her family's historic Charlotte renovation.  She says that what she loves most about all the provinces in France she has been fortunate enough to visit is "the divine combination of elegance and comfort; it's the very essence of French country style".  She shopped French countrysides, antique fairs, and flea markets to hand pick every element ranging from stained glass windows to brass lanterns, to a 17th century limestone mantel.  All these authentic pieces give their home a patina and charm that really makes you feel like you are in a French province.

Enjoy these gorgeous pics!  



This kitchen makes you feel like you are in the heart of France.  The old world charm is beautiful yet doesn't scare you from using the space and making a mess.  Some of the floors throughout are antique hickory planks my uncle found in a Virginia barn!
I love the look of this bright and sunny breakfast area.  The distressed caned chairs help keep the look casual, while the stained glass window brings in a little authentic French charm.  Pierre Frey fabric cafe curtains and potted greens complete the look.

This iron daybed was actually sitting in dirt in Le Mans, France.  Lynette cleaned it up to make it good as new.




 Well done Auntie!  I know who I'll be going shopping with when I'm ready to buy some French antiques:)