Dream home!

I had so much fun writing and designing my dream home for my guest post at Cornflake Dreams, and couldn't resist to keep on going!

Here's my complete vision:
I live in Boston, but grew up on the south shore of coastal Massachusetts, just north of Cape Cod.  If a day goes by when I can't see the ocean, I'm lost.  So, my dream home is located in a place where the beach is close at hand, and my husband, g.,  can dock his dream boat in the front yard.  I don't have a green thumb, but I love the look of lush gardens, climbing flora, and a porch to welcome and entertain family and friends.  Our shingled home with white trim pays tribute to true Nantucket style.


The entryway is the first impression, and ours would definitely include a small glassed in vestibule to keep out chilly air in the winter and bugs in the summer.  Now might be a good time to mention that our children and pets will never have dirty hands or make messes, so white walls and surfaces are always clean.  (It's my dream home, but here's hoping!)
Our kitchen will most definitely be the heart of our home.  G. and I love to cook and entertain, so we need a space large enough to cook up a storm, but is not vastly huge.  Beadboard ceilings and my favorite pendant fixtures are a must.  The bar is perfect as a buffet or appetizer counter, and the kitchen table is a great place for casual family dinners.
We will absolutely need one of these to store our favorite bottles of DonnaFugata.
Our windows will look out to a grassy yard and outdoor table a chairs where we can spend a lot of time outside.


Back inside, an open concept floor plan is great to fill a space with natural light and give it an airy feeling.  Our coastal casual dream home is all about comfy and fresh.  Our large dining table will be great to celebrate holidays and special occasions with our large family and close friends.  I really like the idea of upholstered benches at a dining table, it dresses it down.  I'm obsessed with this library closet, so this is a hands down have-to-have!


Here's our family room where we veg in front of the TV, play games, and read.  Our home will be filled with collections of our favorite photographs of people and places.

Our powder room has to have a rustic and interesting barn door like this one.    I  really like the old world feeling of this guest wash area.

Our master bedroom and bathroom will be calming and romantic, with little touches of unexpected.


  I don't know a girl who doesn't want a closet like this.  It's charming, minimal, and the perfect backdrop for racks of gorgeous threads and shoes!

What do you think of our bright and cheery attic?  It's a great retreat for lounging.

Our guest room would be perfect for visitors.  It is fresh, whimsical, so coastal-appropriate, and homey. I want visitors to always feel welcome, whether for a night or month!

This space is fun for two girls.  I like the touches of warm colors.
The kid's bathroom is made fun with a fish tank and changing curtain.  Double sinks are a must, as is the step stool for teeth brushing.

The man of the house needs getaway space.  I really like the warm feel of this space, the image wall, and the layered carpets.  It's almost treehouse-like.

And finally, for perhaps the most fun part of my dream home: my studio!  Who could possibly have it better than Suzanne Kasler?!   Plenty of space to spread out memo and finish samples, walls for pining up, meeting space, and a large table for drawing & collaboration.  Did I mention the gigantic and organized materials library and vendor catalogs?


 Ahh.. dreaming is so fun!  I'm off to buy some lotto tickets!



 Photo credits: homeaway, bierlydrakeassociates, confettistyle, victoriahagan, customhardwarefactory, elledecor, charmhome, diaryofachair, habituallychic, coastalliving, indiahicks, theinspiredroom, littlebitsoflovely, housebeautiful, diaryofachair, housebeautiful, diaryofachair, michael bargo, elledecor, charmhome, belleviver, elledecor, atlantahomesmag