Recipe: polenta lasagna.

I can't believe I've never attempted to make polenta until now.  Kind of embarrassing considering my Italian roots...

It always seems like so much work when I see chefs whisking a saucepan of polenta for 15 minutes until it thickened up.  Thank goodness for INSTANT poletna!  Ta da! 

I was inspired when I saw a recipe that I could tweak ever so slightly and conquer my poleta fear. 

Polenta Lasagna:
Saute 2 sliced zucchini in olive oil

In a separate pan, brown 1/2 lb of ground pork
Add the pork to your favorite jarred or homemade marina

Follow directions on the back on an instant polenta box and spread on a baking sheet.  Allow to set for 15 minutes.

To assemble the lasagna, spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non stick spray.  Spoon sauce into the bottom of the dish.  Place one layer of cooled polenta.  I cut it into squares to make transferring it between the baking sheet and lasagna dish easier.

Next layer with sliced provolone cheese. 
Spoon half of the zucchini evenly on top, and more sauce.

Continue the sequence, ending with sauce on top.  Sprinkle with parm, black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.




Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, or until the polenta lasagna is bubbly on the sides and the top is golden.