New year starts now!

photo courtesy of Molly Akin
Living in Boston, you'd think I see lots of stars. Sorry to disappoint, but not true. Aside from an encounter with Patrice Bergeron, when my husband and I followed him down the street and I stood back and watched as G. gave him a congratulatory bear hug after winning the Stanley Cup (it's gone down in history as one of the best days of his life, apart from marrying me, of course:)), I don't get much famous people action. I've walked by Tom Brady and Giselle's house many times trying to catch a glimpse, practically chased Kyle Hoepner down Newbury Street, and I nearly peed my pants when I heard that Ryan Reynolds was walking around my neighborhood. As fate would have it, I was out of town that weekend.  I guess I will have to be content enjoying Leonardo DiCaprio's signed photograph at Pizzeria Regina... I'll never let go, Jack.

Last year, NESAD hosted a cocktail party at Montage in celebration of the new school ranking at number 3 interior design grad program in the US.  Woot Woot!  Our guest speaker was an Alum, Michael Moeller!  You might remember watching him on HGTV's Design Star a few seasons back. It was great to hear him speak about his experiences leading up to, during, and after the show. It gave all of us insight into the interior design industry, and the courage to just go for it.

So naturally, I was psyched to get in on a photo with my fellow NESAD Interior Design Council Board ladies (that's me in the green necklace) and my new friend Michael before I ran in the other direction before I could say something stupid:)  The votes are in and totaled, and the new IDC Board has been chosen. I know I'm looking forward to the cocktail parties in the gallery this fall.

Click here to see more pics from the party.