Hello world!

Hi Everyone!

Well, here I go with an official blog website.  

The title “Diary of a chair” was spurred by my first DIMyself project for our Charlestown apartment… reupholstering an antique chair.  I expect to track more of my design related activities that somehow result in a finished and gorgeous apartment.  I am really excited to start sharing more ideas, humor, and beauty that I come across all the time.

I am a creative woman in my twenties with the desire for another creative outlet.  I have the amazing honor of working as a design assistant for a fantastic Boston interior designer and have the opportunity to encounter all sorts of inspiration on a day to day basis.  When I’m not busy with my day job, I’m an event planner extraordinaire; creating custom handmade designs for my clients.

A recent newlywed, homeowner, and city girl, I am enjoying the adventures each day brings.  I love finding treasure in consignment finds by giving them a little pizzaz, and enjoy proving the idea that making a home charming doesn’t need to cost a fortune .  I hope that with this blog I will inspire and encourage my readers to find incredible beauty in the ordinary too.