Eclectic Boston.

Yesterday I went for a walk in the North End and wandered into a small boutique named Eclectic.  It is a great little shop that I'm sorry I haven't visited before!  They have vintage looking accessories and gifts, antique furniture, and great finds to help pull a room together. 

I've had the idea of doing a fabric upholstered dresser for a while, and have had my eyes open for the perfect case piece to test my concept.  I think I've found it!



Living in a small apartment, I want a piece that is substantial enough to hold enough clothes for the amount of space it takes up.  The pillar legs give the piece a lighter feel by lifting it off the floor, the drawers are dovetailed, and everything seems sturdy.  

This French dresser is the perfect size to fit between two floor to ceiling windows until the built in bookcase on the other side of the room comes down... a project for another day. 

I would like to upholster the drawer fronts, side panels, and top with a trellis fabric.  I think this Kelly Wearstler pattern would look awesome!
via milkandhoneyhome


Check out this article for tips on buying wood furniture.