Nautical prints at Onne van der Wal.

This past weekend, I was in Newport, RI for my brother's college graduation and my future sister in law's bachelorette party.  If you've never visited, you need to.  My two favorite things to do there are to tour the Newport Mansions, built as summer homes to some the wealthiest Americans in the 1800s, and check out the shops and galleries along the piers.


This visit, three oversize nautical prints caught my eye in the windows of the Onne van der Wal Gallery on Bannister's Warf.  The prints were on stretched canvas, measuring about 40" x 60".  What makes these prints so great, besides their stunning colors, creative eye, and subject matter, is that they are available in a variety of sizes, print types, and framing options.


Onne is a world renowned nautical photographer, and for good reason. His photos perfectly capture the essence of the ocean's beauty.  I could see any one of these in a large scale on the wall of any room in our place! I cannot think of a more inspiring piece of art.

Unlike my other siblings, I never really caught the sailing bug from my father, but I do love the ocean and the beach. There is something so romantic about being out on the water...




all images via onne van der wal