Rendering with Revit.

Angela Raciti


Remember when I shared this inspiration photo with you earlier this spring? Well, here is the finished project to share.  (Of course I use a residential photo to inspire my commercial project!) We had to design a gaming center for Google. (What's a gaming center? I interpreted it to be a place where Google developers test software and games.) I wanted to use black and white throughout the office with hits of bright magenta. In the kitchen above, I used high gloss white concrete floors, magenta cabinetry and ceramic tile. The window above the island is a view into the server room... a little gamer-esque, no?
 
This semester, I took a class on Revit, it's a new architectural software by AutoDesk that industry professionals will replace AutoCad. (And it was developed in MA!) I'm still a tad shaky, but I can see why it's going to take over. It's user friendly and allows you to draw in 2D and 3D at the same time. Spec sheets and schedules are also quite easy to create, and pen weights are always perfect (one thing I can't stand about CAD). Once all of your surfaces and materials are imported and your 3D view is set up, hit render! 

Below are some other views from my project, but I think the kitchen came out best.

Open lounge space with a view to the cafe. I wish the high gloss black concrete floors rendered more glossy:

Angela Raciti

Open office space:
Angela Raciti