Back to school I go with Robin Pelissier.

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of meeting talented Hingham based Interior Designer Robin Pelissier, who along with her amazing team of girls, creates hip and comfortable interiors. Over lunch and a glass of wine, Robin convinced me to be a guest at an interior design course she is currently teaching at Quincy College. She must have known that only after a few sips of vino I would agree to willingly put myself at the front of a classroom without the hope of an A.

It was such a fun class!  Her students are incredible and eager to learn, and together with my fellow guest speaker, Pamela Copeman, we shared our insights into the world of blogging and the field of interior design. More about Pam tomorrow, because today I am sharing my favorite images from Robin's portfolio. I know you will agree that she isn't afraid to have some design fun!

A pop of bold pattern on pillows and accessories brings this entry to life. I love them paired with the traditional settee.

I would enjoy cooking and dining in a space like this. It's warm, welcoming, and not in the least bit intimidating.
Contrasting cabinetry between the island and wall millwork is something I look forward to implementing in my own space one day.

What a fun and easy way to dress up an entry hallway. Pattern and contrast give so much pizazz.
Soothing and cozy, this living room combines texture and rich woods.
I know there is a name for pattern on pattern, but I can't think of it. Nevertheless, it's a technique that always brings me nostalgia.

The idea of painting out a nook with a bright color makes it THE place to sit. Another great wallpaper.

Steam shower= heaven on earth.
All images via robinpelissier.com

Even though school is technically over for me in 2 weeks (!),  I know that I will constantly continue to learn. Regardless of the fact that I was a guest up at the front of Robin's class, I did walk away with a few blogging gems I look forward to implementing. One of which is encouraging my readers to subscribe to and follow my posts. So, if you enjoy reading, please follow or subscribe to my blog using the icons on the left or the links on the right.