Brimming pt. III - inspired by the past life.

Incorporating architectural details and antique furniture is, what I think, the best way to add interest and texture to any space. It may take a little extra planning and effort to fit it into a design scheme, but having the character of something with a past life is something that I find incredibly inspiring.
A palladian framed mirror is one way to make a room feel airy and light by bouncing around sunlight or reflecting a outside view.

I could see these used as cabinet doors for a built in dining room hutch.

One of my favorite pieces of the day- a postal cabinet. I could picture this in a design studio to organize samples and client schemes.

This vendor comes back year after year, and I am ALWAYS impressed.

This intricate carved 3/4 bed was so ornate and carefully crafted. 

I could picture these screens installed floor to ceiling in a breezy open floorplan.

My future shoe storage:)
I hope you enjoyed being inspired by the Brimfield show. If you didn't get a chance to visit this time around, don't worry. There are plenty more chances. Click here to visit the Brimfield homepage.

All images by Angela Raciti