To theme or not to theme.

I remember when planning our wedding, my mom kept telling me I had to come up with a theme. I always cringed at the idea of having to label my ideas and having to conform to the restrictions of a phrase or word. Needless to say, our theme was "pretty"and that was fine by me!

Now that I am forced to think more about pieces, patterns, and finishes on a grander scale, it do admit that it is helpful to have a connecting thread or element to carry through the design- thank you thesis! Most of the time, this "theme" is never uttered, and exists only in the creative space of my brain. Words are better left to the writers, not the designers, in my book!

But, I had an ah ha moment when I read a design article that encompassed all that I wanted our new home to encapsulate. Beach modern!

indulgy